- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
John Mills Sr.
John T. Mills Sr., 86, of Jackson died Thursday, March 25, 2010, at the Veterans Hospital in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
He was born Feb. 12, 1924, in Fredericktown, Mo., son of William and Nellie Scott Mills. He and Jane Cook were married Oct. 28, 1945, in Fredericktown.
Mills enjoyed fishing, baseball and his cat, Rocky.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include a daughter, Robin Inman of Jackson; two grandchildren, Laura (Delbert) Murphy and Christopher Cleland; and five great-grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. today at Follis and Sons Funeral Home in Fredericktown, with the Rev. Gene Proffer officiating. Burial will be in Christian Cemetery.