- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jerry Dale Johnson, 69, of Millersville died Saturday, May 7, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 7, 1936, at Canalou, Mo., son of Roy and Ofie Evans Johnson.
Johnson was an over-the-road truck driver. He was a member of Haynes Chapel Congregational Methodist Church.
He served in the U.S. Air Force
Survivors include a son, Jerry D. Johnson of Fredericktown, Mo.; three daughters, Sheila Sander of Millersville, Carrie Tiefenauer and Heather Burns of Fredericktown; three stepdaughters, Vickie McKinnis, Robin Yount and Lisa Slinkard of Fredericktown; a brother, Gale Johnson of Canalou; two sisters, Faye Farmer of Washington, Mo., Elenora Adams of Memphis, Tenn.; 12 grandchildren; a great-grandchild; six stepgrandchildren; and three great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, two brothers and a granddaughter.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Patton, Mo., from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Haynes Chapel Church, with the Revs. Gene Proffer, Scott Cook and Jerry Sander officiating. Burial will be in Haynes Chapel Cemetery with full military honors.