- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man charged with assault after incident at Cape bar (06/24/16)1
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Area digest: Horstman earns player of week honor
Southeast Missouri State third basemen Eric Horstman earned his second player of the week honor for the Ohio Valley Conference this season after a stellar week at the plate.
Horstman hit .444 with four runs and eight RBIs as the Redhawks finished 2-2 during the week. In helping Southeast take two of three games against OVC-leading Morehead State, Horstman extended his hitting streak to 16 games.
Redhawks freshman earns pitching honor
Southeast Missouri State freshman Elaine Fisher earned the Ohio Valley Conference Pitcher of the Week award after going 2-0 last week.
In three appearances, Fisher did not allow an earned run in 16 innings. Fisher struck out 12 batters and did not issue a walk.
The Redhawks have the No. 5 seed entering the OVC Tournament this week.