- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Limits for federal officeholders
I just had to congratulate Tony Reddick of Chaffee, Mo., on his March 21 letter regarding the situation in our nation's capital. For years I have said that we need a good housecleaning in Washington, D.C.
First, I feel there should be a time limit a U.S. senator or representatives should be able to serve, just like the president. I was taught that members of both the Senate and House of Representatives were elected to represent the people. All they do is stay late at night to vote big raises in pay for themselves or some pet project for some moneyed friend. I was taught that they were elected to vote what is best for their constituents. I will not vote for anyone who now holds that high position and who becomes just as crooked as the old cronies who have held our trust in their hands for years.
A.B. SLINKARD, Oak Ridge