- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
Limits for federal officeholders
I just had to congratulate Tony Reddick of Chaffee, Mo., on his March 21 letter regarding the situation in our nation's capital. For years I have said that we need a good housecleaning in Washington, D.C.
First, I feel there should be a time limit a U.S. senator or representatives should be able to serve, just like the president. I was taught that members of both the Senate and House of Representatives were elected to represent the people. All they do is stay late at night to vote big raises in pay for themselves or some pet project for some moneyed friend. I was taught that they were elected to vote what is best for their constituents. I will not vote for anyone who now holds that high position and who becomes just as crooked as the old cronies who have held our trust in their hands for years.
A.B. SLINKARD, Oak Ridge