- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Limits for federal officeholders
I just had to congratulate Tony Reddick of Chaffee, Mo., on his March 21 letter regarding the situation in our nation's capital. For years I have said that we need a good housecleaning in Washington, D.C.
First, I feel there should be a time limit a U.S. senator or representatives should be able to serve, just like the president. I was taught that members of both the Senate and House of Representatives were elected to represent the people. All they do is stay late at night to vote big raises in pay for themselves or some pet project for some moneyed friend. I was taught that they were elected to vote what is best for their constituents. I will not vote for anyone who now holds that high position and who becomes just as crooked as the old cronies who have held our trust in their hands for years.
A.B. SLINKARD, Oak Ridge