- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)6
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Limits for federal officeholders
I just had to congratulate Tony Reddick of Chaffee, Mo., on his March 21 letter regarding the situation in our nation's capital. For years I have said that we need a good housecleaning in Washington, D.C.
First, I feel there should be a time limit a U.S. senator or representatives should be able to serve, just like the president. I was taught that members of both the Senate and House of Representatives were elected to represent the people. All they do is stay late at night to vote big raises in pay for themselves or some pet project for some moneyed friend. I was taught that they were elected to vote what is best for their constituents. I will not vote for anyone who now holds that high position and who becomes just as crooked as the old cronies who have held our trust in their hands for years.
A.B. SLINKARD, Oak Ridge