- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)27
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Limits for federal officeholders
I just had to congratulate Tony Reddick of Chaffee, Mo., on his March 21 letter regarding the situation in our nation's capital. For years I have said that we need a good housecleaning in Washington, D.C.
First, I feel there should be a time limit a U.S. senator or representatives should be able to serve, just like the president. I was taught that members of both the Senate and House of Representatives were elected to represent the people. All they do is stay late at night to vote big raises in pay for themselves or some pet project for some moneyed friend. I was taught that they were elected to vote what is best for their constituents. I will not vote for anyone who now holds that high position and who becomes just as crooked as the old cronies who have held our trust in their hands for years.
A.B. SLINKARD, Oak Ridge