- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Sikeston teen pedestrian hit by motorist Wednesday night
MINER, Mo. - A Sikeston male was in serious condition Wednesday night after the pedestrian was hit by a motor vehicle.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol said that at 9:15 p.m. Joseph J. Jackson, 16, of Sikeston was walking on County Road 539, .2 miles north of Miner. A 2005 Chevrolet driven by Kimberly A. Beedle, 21, of Sikeston then hit the teen. Jackson was transported by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau for treatment.