- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)27
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Feeding Haiti's orphans
Everyone involved with Out of Poverty Thru Education would like to thank the local community for the help it gave after the terrible earthquake in Port au Prince, Haiti.
OPTE is a local, not-for-profit group assembled two years ago to build an orphanage school in Thomassique, Haiti.
While Thomassique was not directly affected by the earthquake, it was a bump in the road to our plans on starting construction.
We are determined to forge on with this worthwhile project. The money donated to OPTE went to feed and help refugees coming into the countryside from the devastation in the capital. We are now able to feed approximately 175 to 200 orphan children every other day.
Thanks to a community that cares for other human beings in need. Our website is www.OPTE.us.
GEORGE "SKIP" WRAPE, Cape Girardeau