- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Missouri Delta Medical Center reaches deal with Anthem
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Missouri Delta Medical Center will remain an in-network provider for Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance customers.
"Blue Cross and Missouri Delta have resolved their differences and have come to an agreement," hospital president Charles Ancell said Monday. "We do have a contract with Blue Cross now, and it will allow us to offer neurosurgery and orthopedics in Sikeston and not lose money on it."
Ancell said hospital officials anticipate being able to offer neurosurgery for Blue Cross customers beginning April 1.
The agreement was reached "well in advance" of the May 28 contract termination date after which in-network coverage would have not been in effect, Ancell said. "There will be no interruption of service to Blue Cross Blue Shield subscribers," he said.
Subscribers are expected to receive notification letters from Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield soon.
1008 North Main Street, Sikeston, MO