- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Mr. and Mrs. Wayne L. Steavens of Salem, Ill., announce the engagement of their daughter, Emily Steavens, to Brant Blackburn of Salem, formerly of Cairo, Ill. He is the son of Christine and Mark Garner of Mounds, Ill., and Courtney and Teresa Blackburn of Ullin, Ill.
Steavens is a 2004 graduate of St. Louis College of Pharmacy. She is a pharmacist at Good Samaritan Hospital in Mount Vernon, Ill.
Blackburn is a 1999 graduate of West Chester University of Pennsylvania. He is a trooper with Illinois State Police.
A June 6 wedding is planned in Maui, Hawaii.