- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Rick and Debi Chastain of Jackson and Dr. Peter Gordon of Cape Girardeau announce the engagement of their daughter, Kerrie Michele Gordon, to Christopher David Katz. He is the son of Eve Katz and Gary Katz of Omaha, Neb.
Gordon is a 2000 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in sports management from Southwest Baptist University in 2004, and is pursuing a master's degree in special education. She is employed at Citizens Memorial Hospital in Bolivar, Mo.
Katz is a 2002 graduate of East High School in Bellevue, Neb. He received a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice from Southwest Baptist in 2004, and is pursuing a master's degree in education at the university. He is an assistant football coach and resident director of Meyer Hall at the university.
A June 25 wedding is planned at Cape Bible Chapel.