- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Michelle Lynne Eakins and Bryan David Copeland exchanged wedding vows Oct. 30, 2004, at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, Texas. The Rev. Byron Copeland, brother of the groom, performed the ceremony. Pianist was Carol Kern of Seymour, Mo., aunt of the bride. Soloist was Danna Miller.
The bride is the daughter of Carl and Donna Eakins of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of John and Doris Copeland of Keithville, La.
Maid of honor was Michelle Coomer of St. Louis. Bridesmaid was Kristi Scoggins of Kennett, Mo.
Chris Erisman of Joplin, Mo., was best man. Groomsman was Ron Eakins of Sikeston, Mo., brother of the bride. Ushers were Bryan Hunt of Plano and Grant McCurdy of Fort Worth, Texas.
Flower girl was Kaitlyn Bilello, daughter of Steve and Becca Bilello and niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Jacob Copeland, son of Byron and Rachelle Copeland and nephew of the groom.
Amanda Ruddick of Alvord, Texas, cousin of the bride, attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the church. Servers were Cathy Eakins of Cape Girardeau, aunt of the bride; Brenda Coomer of Jackson; Gale Ruddick of Alvord and Amanda Kern of Springfield, Mo., both cousins of the bride.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 29 at Buca di Beppo Restaurant.
Mrs. Copeland is a graduate of Central High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a senior marketing coordinator with Carter and Burgess in Dallas, Texas.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering from Louisiana State University. He is a civil engineer with Carter and Burgess.
After a wedding trip to Maui, Hawaii, the couple is residing in Lewisville, Texas.