- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Sophronia Iona McRaven, 82, of Jonesboro died Friday, May 6, 2005, at Memorial Hospital in Carbondale, Ill.
She was born July 30, 1922 in Anna, Ill., daughter of William and Bernice Skelton Harwood. She and Claude McRaven were married in 1940 at Cape Girardeau. He died Sept. 6, 1981.
McRaven was a bookkeeper for the family well-drilling company.
Survivors include a son, Allen McRaven of Anna; seven grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons, two daughters and a grandson.
Friends may call from 1 p.m. Monday until the funeral hour Monday at Hileman Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 2:30 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Fear officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.