- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
We need to work with our leaders
To those of you that are going to feel the effects of a balanced budget, both state and federal: The Democrats spent millions last summer and fall telling you how the budget would be balanced, but you would not listen. Did you really think Bush and Blunt would balance the budgets at the expense of the more well-to-do people? Case in point: River Campus. Our state leaders will give them $3.62 million and yet cut Medicaid.
Everyone knows of Medicaid abuse, but if you kill a snake you just cut its head off, you don't have to chop it up in little pieces. I think we may have a little overkill in the new Medicaid.
I have worked in construction for 45 years and realized years ago that anyone that carries a lunch box should vote Democratic for their own good. We have elected our state and national leaders and we should work with them -- at least until the next election.
BOB JOHNSON, Fruitland