- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Area digest 5/8/05
Mack ninth in MARS points standings
Joey Mack of Benton, Mo., stands in ninth place after the first six races in the Stacker2 Mid-America Racing Series this season.
His best finish in the auto racing series was an 11th-place finish April 23 at the I-30 Speedway in Arkansas.
Mack will return to the MARS circuit on May 21 with an event at the Milan Speedway in Milan, Tenn.
Away from the MARS series, Mack has a runner-up finish April 15 at the Malden Speedway and a third-place finish April 16 at Poplar Bluff.
Van Matre, Mealy win in play of the day
Donna Van Matre and Deb Mealy were the first-place winners Thursday in the play of the day for Cape Girardeau Country Club Ladies Day.
Playing low putts, Van Matre needed 16 putts in the nine-hole group, and Mealy won with 30 putts on 18 holes.
Sue Gereck was second in the nine-hole division with 17 putts. On 18 holes, Marlena Jones, Pat Strom and Catharine Weed tied for second with 31 putts apiece, while Kathy Morris and Janet White tied for fifth with 33 putts apiece. The medalist was Leslie Steele.
* In the Twilight Golf Ladies Scramble on Wednesday, the team of Dana Underwood, Lisa Williams and Robyn Young captured first place.
* In the Cape Girardeau Country Club Friday Night Couples League, the team of John and Judy Holcomb and Roger and Deb Mealy placed first. Mark and Mary Kay Kneer and Brad and Karie Hollerbach were second.