- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
An example of the new ranch-style home, this property at 2658 Mansfield Place i Jackson combines simplicity and style. Visitors can see it during an open house from 1 to 3 p.m. today.
It has classic white vinyl combined with eye-catching burgundy shutters and an entry door with a quaint half-moon window. The front porch offers an inviting reception and a peaceful spot for a morning cup of coffee or afternoon lemonade.
With a level, easily maintained yard and simple but elegant landscaping, this is a great home for a young family or a couple wishing to downsize a bit.
Inside, this home has many updates, including recently installed cherry hardwood inlay floors. With a cathedral ceiling, the large windows bring in abundant light to visually enlarge the space.
This home also has a cozy eat-in kitchen, with warm oak cabinetry, all modern appliances and a double stainless steel sink with a window above it for a nice backyard view. French-style sliding patio doors lead to a roomy deck, a perfect spot for summertime entertaining. Close by is an exit to the home's two-car garage.
This home has three bedrooms and two full bathrooms. The master bedroom is large enough to accommodate heavy antique furniture, and it has a large, well-organized walk-in closet along with a sumptuous master bathroom. The master bath includes a single-sink vanity encased in warm oak, and a large vanity mirror and tub/shower.
The home's other two bedrooms are currently designed as children's rooms. One features soft pink walls -- a dream room for a little girl. It also has a roomy walk-in closet, a white ceiling fan for good air circulation, and a large window for abundant light.
The other bedroom has white walls, a roomy folding door closet, and a ceiling fan and large window. The main-level bathroom is conveniently situated at the end of the hall between the two bedrooms.
In addition to the home's main level, this home also has a finished basement containing a large family room. The focal point of the room is a handsome oak-mantled gas log fireplace.
The downstairs has plenty of space for the family room, a small office area, and a play area. While it is not a walk-out basement, the nice lighting eliminates a basement feel. Also downstairs is a large unfinished area for storage.