- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Every year, we dutifully and thankfully acknowledge our mothers.
We buy gifts.
We select greeting cards that say the nicest things.
We become part of the crowd at our favorite restaurant.
We make a special day in every way we can.
Which is exactly what we ought to be doing today.
One of the greatest gifts anyone can receive is a mother's smile.
So how about today we try to create a few grins? Just imagine if some famous mothers had spoken these words:
* Paul Revere's mother: "I don't care where you think you have to go, young man. Midnight is past your curfew!"
* Mona Lisa's mother: "After all that money your father and I spent on braces, Mona, that's the biggest smile you can give us?"
* Christopher Columbus' mother: "I don't care what you've discovered, Christopher. You still could have written!"
* Batman's mother: "It's a nice car, Bruce, but do you realize how much the insurance is going to be?"
* Albert Einstein's mother: "But, Albert, it's your senior picture. Can't you do something about your hair?"
* Thomas Edison's mother: "Of course I'm proud that you invented the electric light bulb, Thomas. Now turn off that light and get to bed!"
Have a wonderful Mother's Day.