- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Escallon - Loos
Olga Lucia Penaranda Escallon and Mark Edward Loos were married March 21, 2009, at Our Lady of Mercy Ermita del Cabrero in Cartagena, Colombia, South America. The Rev. Jose Maria Cano performed the ceremony. Pianist was Jaime Aguabara and soloist was Blanquita, both of Cartagena.
The bride is the daughter of Cecilia Escallon de Penaranda of Cartagena, and the late Carlos Penaranda. The groom is the son of Bill and Mary Loos of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Anamaria Penaranda of Cartagena, niece of the bride. Matron of honor was Dominique van Bommel of Cartagena, sister-in-law of the bride. Bridesmaids were Edith Penaranda of Barranquilla, Colombia, and Cecilia P. Ayers of Sugarland, Texas, sisters of the bride.
Tim Loos of San Francisco, Calif., was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Guillermo Puello of Cartagena and Alfonso Penaranda of Barranquilla, brother of the bride. Ushers were Carlos Penaranda, Alfonso Penaranda Jr. and Alejandro Fernandez of Cartagena, nephews of the bride.
Flower girl was Alejandra Marrugo and ringbearer was Daniel Martinez, both of Cartagena.
The dinner and dance reception was held at Hotel Cartagena Hilton.
The bride's mother hosted the rehearsal dinner March 19.
Mrs. Loos is a 1981 graduate of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School in Barranquilla. She received a business administrator degree from the Universidad del Norte in 1995.
The groom is a 1979 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. He is a graduate of Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center where he majored in automotive refinishing and repair. He is employed at Procter and Gamble.
After a wedding trip to San Andres Islands in Colombia, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau County.