- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
New pastor named at Cornerstone Church
Cornerstone Assembly of God in Cape Girardeau has a new senior pastor. The Rev. Darrell Jones and his wife, Vickie, will begin at the church later this month. Jones has been with the Assemblies of God since 1990. He is currently serving as presbyter of the Van Buren section, and as the president of the Ministerial Alliance in Winona, Mo. He has served as pastor of the Winona Assembly of God since 1996.
Hospital selects new pastoral care director
The Rev. Rocky Tallent has been named director of pastoral care at Southeast Missouri Hospital. He succeeds the Rev. Bill Matzat, who moved to St. Louis. Tallent has a bachelor's degree from Southeast Missouri State University and a master's degree from Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Mo. He has served as spiritual counselor with Southeast Hospice and taught humanities courses at Mineral Area College.
Grace United Methodist holds triva fund raiser
The youths of Grace United Methodist Church are holding a trivia night May 14. There is a $10 cost for the evening. For information, call 334-1321.
Youth rally planned by Marble Hill church
New Salem Baptist Church in Marble Hill, Mo., will hold a youth rally at 7 p.m. May 14 at the church's family life center. The rally theme is "Youth Awakening." The band No Longer Quiet will perform, and Bob Caldwell of the Missouri Baptist Convention will speak. For information, phone (573) 238-2643.