- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Religion calendar 5/7/05
Gospel singing at 7 p.m. at Shiloh Baptist Church in Villa Ridge, Ill., with the Gloryroad Travelers and the Gospel Three. Call (618) 995-2306.
Vincentian Marian Youth Encounter at 6 p.m. at the Shrine Church in Perryville.
Cape Girardeau County Christian Women's Club meets at 11 a.m. at the Elks Lodge. Speaker is Tricia Piester of Overland Park, Kan. For reservations, call Bonnie at 243-2866. For information about the group's Friendship Bible studies, phone Dee Maupin at 243-5023.
Centenary United Methodist Men will meet at 6 p.m. in the Family Life Center lobby for a meal and devotion. Featured speakers are John and Jeanne Long.
The Rebekah Circle will meet at 6 p.m. in the Limbaugh Parlor at Centenary United Methodist Church. Speaker is Alisa Bridge.
The Rev. Jacob Jenhuro, a United Methodist pastor in Mozambique, will speak during Vespers service at 7 p.m. at La Croix Church. Jenhuro served the Nocoadala United Methodist Church in the Zambezia province from 1993 to 1995. La Croix is a covenant partner of Nocaodala UMC in Mozambique and is helping to fund the building of its sanctuary.
Church Women United will hold a May Friendship Day celebration at 6 p.m. at St. James AME Church in Cape Girardeau. Light refreshments will be served after the service; attendees are asked to bring food to share.