- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
PES Earns $900 Participating in McTeacher Night
The Perryville Elementary School recently participated in the McTeacher Night at the local McDonalds, earning $900.00 for the elementary school.
Linda Cook's third grade class had the highest percentage of participants attending the event (78%). For their efforts the class received a hamburger party where each child received a hamburger, fries and orange drink.
Those present for the check presentation were: (left to right) Mark Phillips, PES Assistant Principal; Jennifer Streiler, PES Principal; Darlene Hudson, McDonald's Activity Director; and Don Webb, McDonald's Store Manager.
"We owe a special thanks to McDonald's store owner, Jerry Flagg, for working the evening and for his generosity," said Jennifer Streiler. "We will be using these funds to help purchase much needed classroom supplies."
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)