- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)14
- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
PES Earns $900 Participating in McTeacher Night
The Perryville Elementary School recently participated in the McTeacher Night at the local McDonalds, earning $900.00 for the elementary school.
Linda Cook's third grade class had the highest percentage of participants attending the event (78%). For their efforts the class received a hamburger party where each child received a hamburger, fries and orange drink.
Those present for the check presentation were: (left to right) Mark Phillips, PES Assistant Principal; Jennifer Streiler, PES Principal; Darlene Hudson, McDonald's Activity Director; and Don Webb, McDonald's Store Manager.
"We owe a special thanks to McDonald's store owner, Jerry Flagg, for working the evening and for his generosity," said Jennifer Streiler. "We will be using these funds to help purchase much needed classroom supplies."
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)