- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)7
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
PES Earns $900 Participating in McTeacher Night
The Perryville Elementary School recently participated in the McTeacher Night at the local McDonalds, earning $900.00 for the elementary school.
Linda Cook's third grade class had the highest percentage of participants attending the event (78%). For their efforts the class received a hamburger party where each child received a hamburger, fries and orange drink.
Those present for the check presentation were: (left to right) Mark Phillips, PES Assistant Principal; Jennifer Streiler, PES Principal; Darlene Hudson, McDonald's Activity Director; and Don Webb, McDonald's Store Manager.
"We owe a special thanks to McDonald's store owner, Jerry Flagg, for working the evening and for his generosity," said Jennifer Streiler. "We will be using these funds to help purchase much needed classroom supplies."
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)