- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
PES Earns $900 Participating in McTeacher Night
The Perryville Elementary School recently participated in the McTeacher Night at the local McDonalds, earning $900.00 for the elementary school.
Linda Cook's third grade class had the highest percentage of participants attending the event (78%). For their efforts the class received a hamburger party where each child received a hamburger, fries and orange drink.
Those present for the check presentation were: (left to right) Mark Phillips, PES Assistant Principal; Jennifer Streiler, PES Principal; Darlene Hudson, McDonald's Activity Director; and Don Webb, McDonald's Store Manager.
"We owe a special thanks to McDonald's store owner, Jerry Flagg, for working the evening and for his generosity," said Jennifer Streiler. "We will be using these funds to help purchase much needed classroom supplies."
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)