- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
PES Earns $900 Participating in McTeacher Night
The Perryville Elementary School recently participated in the McTeacher Night at the local McDonalds, earning $900.00 for the elementary school.
Linda Cook's third grade class had the highest percentage of participants attending the event (78%). For their efforts the class received a hamburger party where each child received a hamburger, fries and orange drink.
Those present for the check presentation were: (left to right) Mark Phillips, PES Assistant Principal; Jennifer Streiler, PES Principal; Darlene Hudson, McDonald's Activity Director; and Don Webb, McDonald's Store Manager.
"We owe a special thanks to McDonald's store owner, Jerry Flagg, for working the evening and for his generosity," said Jennifer Streiler. "We will be using these funds to help purchase much needed classroom supplies."
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)