- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jackson Board of Aldermen agenda 3/15/10
7:30 p.m. today, city hall, 101 Court St.
* Appoint Brandon Neil to fill an unexpired term on the Community Outreach Board, ending May, 2012.
* Set the annual Park Day for 8 a.m. April 24 at Shelter No. 1 in City Park.
* Set the annual Clean-Up/Fix-Up Days for the week of July 12 through July 16.
* Authorize a contractual agreement with the Jackson Farmers Market.
* Authorize a financial assistance agreement with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, for wastewater plant energy upgrades under the Energize Missouri Communities Program.
* Accept the bid of Townsend Tree Service Co. LLC of Parker City, Ind., in the amount of $79,953.50, for the 2010 Electrical Transmission and Distribution Line Tree Trimming Program.
* Authorize a contractual agreement with Townsend Tree Service Co. LLC for the 2010 Electrical Transmission and Distribution Line Tree Trimming Program.
* Set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. April 5 to consider a special-use permit for pedicure services as a home occupation at 403 Springview Drive, as submitted by Brenda Martens.
* Set a public hearing for April 5 at 7:30 p.m., to consider the rezoning of the future lots in Pioneer Orchard seventh through tenth subdivisions from R-1 single-family residential district to R-2 single-family residential district and R-3 one and two-family residential district, as submitted by Missouri Lakes LLC.
* Approve the closure of Barton Street, between East Main Street and East Washington Street, on April 30, and every Tuesday, beginning May 18 and ending September 28, excluding July 27, between the hours of 5 and 7 p.m., for the Jackson Farmers Market.
* Accept the dedication of temporary construction easement deeds from John and Sheila King, Andrew and Layna Kirchner, and Joe and Linda Schreiner, for the North Hope Street Improvement Project.