- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 3/15/10
7 p.m. today
Cape Girardeau city hall, 401 Independence St.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 22 of the Code of Ordinances relating to the new solid waste collection system.
* An ordinance accepting a quitclaim deed on two parcels and an easement from Union Electric Company d/b/a AmerenUE for the downtown flood protection system.
* An ordinance amending the city code by establishing handicap parking in the 500 block of Broadway for the Discovery Playhouse.
* An ordinance amending the city code by establishing a loading zone on Middle Street for the Discovery Playhouse.
* An ordinance amending the city code, amending two-hour parking on a portion of Broadway and Middle Street for the Discovery Playhouse.
* A resolution acknowledging receipt of an annexation petition from Jonah T. and Margaret A. Yates for three acres at 2952 Perryville Road and setting a public hearing regarding the proposed annexation.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with Nip Kelley Equipment Co. Inc. for the Fountain Street Phase II Improvement Project.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement for use of the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport Facilities with Hyannis Air Service Inc., d/b/a Cape Air.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with J. W. Transport LLC for the Cape North Park Trail Project.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an addendum to the General Engineering Services Agreement with Morris and Munger Engineers LLC for the Beaver Creek Pond and Breckenridge Branch Stabilization Project.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a letter of agreement with Southeast Missouri State University for an historic structure inventory.
* A resolution adopting the fiscal 2010-2015 Capital Improvements Program.
* Conditional approval of a change in managing officer for Logan's Roadhouse Inc., d/b/a Logan's Roadhouse, 3012 William St., Stephen Mitchell, managing officer.
* Appointment to the Public Library Board.
* A motion approving the improvement plans for construction of sanitary sewers to serve Deevers Cove Subdivision.
* A motion accepting the improvements to the South Sprigg Street Bridge over Cape LaCroix Creek, and authorizing administrative close-out of FAU Project No. M-1518(004).
* A motion authorizing the release of $43,880 of the escrow agreement for improvements in Boulder Crest Subdivision, contingent upon passing all final city inspections and contingent upon the installation of a wye off of the existing sewer line on Hunters Lane into Lot 6.