- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Charles E. Southard Jr., 64, of Cape Girardeau formerly of Olive Branch, Ill., died at 6 a.m. Sunday, March 14, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Charles was born May 3, 1945, in Vincennes, Ind., son of the late Charles E. Southard Sr. and Delores (Barnett) Southard.
He was a retired general laborer and a member of the Salvation Army in Cape Girardeau and will be remembered as an avid Indiana University basketball fan. He also enjoyed country western and bluegrass music.
Survivors include his wife, Alma Parker Southard of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Steve Southard of Belvidere, Ill., and Jimmy Southard of Florida; four sisters, Kay Combs, Carol JoAnn Bateman, Shelby Southard, all of Bicknell, Ind., and Nancy Crane, of Washington, Ind.; and several nieces and nephews.
Memorial services for Charles E. Southard will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the Salvation Army Center of Cape Girardeau, with Major Benjamin Stillwell officiating. Visitation will be Thursday prior to the service hour at the Salvation Army.
Burial will be in the Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill.
Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge is in charge of the arrangements.