- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- LaVella M. Wingerter Blessing, 92, of Perryville died Wednesday, March 10, 2010, at Independence Care Center in Perryville.
She was born July 18, 1917, at Menfro, Mo., daughter of Anton L. and Hattie M. Pecaut Wingerter. She and J. Hubert Blessing were married Oct. 4, 1952, in Perryville. He preceded her in death.
Mrs. Blessing received a bachelor of science degree in elementary education. She completed her master's degree in elementary education at Washington University. She taught more than 40 years in Perry County and in Florissant, Mo. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, where she served as a eucharistic minister, charter member of Ministry of Praise, member of Daughters of Isabella and Ladies Sodality. She was a member of Retired Teachers of Missouri, Perry County Retired Teachers, and she served on the Home Health Advisory Board of Perry County Memorial Hospital.
Survivors include a brother, Robert B. Wingerter Sr. of Elizabeth, Ind.; and many nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today and 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Monday at Miller Family Funeral Home. Daughters of Isabella and Ladies Sodality service will be at 7 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Monday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, with the Rev. Gerald Blessing officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Memorials to charity of choice.