- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Drivers: Look out for road work in area
* A portion of Highway 177 in Cape Girardeau County will be closed Tuesday while Missouri Department of Transportation crews replace a pipe under the road. Weather permitting, the work will take place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday on a section of road from Peace Pipe Lane to Mohave Lane. Drivers are asked to use caution in the area.
* A section of southbound Interstate 55 in Cape Girardeau and Perry counties this week will be reduced to a single lane of traffic with a 16-foot width restriction while Missouri Department of Transporation crews repair the pavement. The lane closure will be from 7 p.m. Monday to about 3 p.m. Friday, MoDOT said in a news release. The section of road is between the Biehle, Mo., exit in Perry County to the Fruitland exit in Cape Girardeau County. Drivers are asked to use caution while in the area.