- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PBS Kids Go! seek entries
The WSIU Public Broadcasting station is inviting local children to submit stories for the PBS Kids Go! writers contest. Participants must be in kindergarten through third grade and create their own stories. Entries must be postmarked by March 24. The entries should be mailed to: WSIU TV PBS Kids Go! Writers Contest, 910 S. Forest, SIUC Mailcode 6527, Carbondale, IL 62901. Judges will choose a first-place winner and honorable mention for each grade level. First-place stories will advance to the national contest, where they will compete for prizes such as laptops, digital cameras and MP3 players.
St. Ambrose Parish Center holds family dinner
The St. Ambrose Parish Center in Chaffee, Mo., will be hosting a family style dinner from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. March 21. The dinner will include fried chicken, chicken and dumplings and sides. The dinner will be $8 for adults and $4 for children; carry-out plates will be available.
St. Augustine Catholic Church plans family dinner
St. Augustine School in Kelso, Mo., will be serving a family-style dinner from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. April 11. The menu will feature chicken and dumplings, dressing, baked ham and all the trimmings. The meal will cost $8 for adults, $4 for children ages 6 to 11 and free for children 5 and younger. Carry-out dinners will be available.
Piano concert to be held at First Baptist Church
The First Baptist Church of Sikeston, Mo., will host "I Love a Piano" at 7 p.m. Saturday and at 2 p.m. March 21. The concert will feature 10 pianists playing five pianos while presenting a variety of musical selections. In addition to the piano selections, Dale Frame will narrate "The Creation" and a men's trio, composed of Dale Frame and David Jones and Harold Myrick, will also sing. The pianist pairs for this event will be Nora Springs and Wendy Self, Kathy Jackson and Lisa Colbert, Bonnie Stewart and Mary Beaver, Carolyn Croom and Debbie Wright, and Judy Nickell and Nancy Bird. This event is free and open to the public.