- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Scott City residents arrested after head-on collision
An accident Thursday near Scott City injured two teens and led to charges filed against both drivers involved in the head-on collision.
According to Mary Ann Nelson of the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Brennan G. Uelsmann, 19, was arrested on suspicion of felony assault for his part in an accident on County Road 312 around 10:40 p.m. Thursday. The 2002 Mitsubishi Uelsmann was driving collided on a hillcrest with a 2000 Pontiac driven by John D. Adams, 26, of Scott City, according to the highway patrol. Adams was later arrested for driving under the influence.
The collision did not injure Adams but sent Uelsmann and his passenger, Adam S. Holmes, 19, of Oran, Mo., to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. Both teens were treated for moderate injuries.
Nelson said an investigation revealed Uelsmann also was intoxicated when the accident occurred.