- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape man found guilty of sex crime
A jury found a Cape Girardeau man guilty Tuesday of first-degree statutory sodomy. Appearing before Circuit Judge William L. Syler Jr., Wayne D. Windisch, 62, was found guilty of performing a sex act with a 10-year-old boy.
The victim testified he had been visiting Windisch in his home in Cape Girardeau when the sex act occurred in the defendant's bedroom on a date between July 4 and Nov. 21 of last year. The boy also testified that Windisch had performed sex acts on him 30 other times.
Windisch denied the claims on the stand, saying he had never been alone with the child.
The charge carries a range of punishment from five years to life in prison. Sentencing has been scheduled for June 20. Windisch was taken to the Cape Girardeau County Jail pending sentencing.