- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Polly Lou Smith, 62, of Sikeston died Monday, May 2, 2005, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born March 6, 1943, in Sikeston, daughter of Louise Gestring. She and Alex Smith Jr. were married June 25, 1960, in Sikeston. He died April 11, 1986.
Survivors include two sons, Aaron Smith of Sikeston, Eric Smith of New Madrid, Mo.; a daughter, Maria Crowden of Sikeston; two brothers; eight sisters; and three grandsons.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 11:30 a.m. until service time today.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. today at the chapel, with Chaplain Brian Smith officiating.