- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Trying to undo 50 years of damage
To the editor:
To help in his never-ending search for his socialist Utopia and the perfect nanny state, I have a suggestion for Robert Polack Jr.:
Move to Cuba.
I hear Fidel Castro is looking for a few good men. I also hear Cuba has the universal health-care system Polack is looking for.
This country was founded on the concept of rugged individualism, not socialism. Leave this country alone. We are trying to fix the damage done to it by 50 years of Democratic Party rule.
WILLIAM TWAIN, Jackson