- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Trying to undo 50 years of damage
To the editor:
To help in his never-ending search for his socialist Utopia and the perfect nanny state, I have a suggestion for Robert Polack Jr.:
Move to Cuba.
I hear Fidel Castro is looking for a few good men. I also hear Cuba has the universal health-care system Polack is looking for.
This country was founded on the concept of rugged individualism, not socialism. Leave this country alone. We are trying to fix the damage done to it by 50 years of Democratic Party rule.
WILLIAM TWAIN, Jackson