- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Trying to undo 50 years of damage
To the editor:
To help in his never-ending search for his socialist Utopia and the perfect nanny state, I have a suggestion for Robert Polack Jr.:
Move to Cuba.
I hear Fidel Castro is looking for a few good men. I also hear Cuba has the universal health-care system Polack is looking for.
This country was founded on the concept of rugged individualism, not socialism. Leave this country alone. We are trying to fix the damage done to it by 50 years of Democratic Party rule.
WILLIAM TWAIN, Jackson