- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory Congratulates Students
Cape Girardeau--9 students from Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory--a piano, keyboard and Kindermusik teaching studio in Cape Girardeau--recently received Gold Cup awards from the National Federation of Junior Music Clubs.
The Junior Music Festival was held on February 20th. To receive a Gold Cup, students must compete at a minimum of 3 years earning the top rating. A second Gold Cup consists of a minimum of 6 years earning the top rating. The third Gold Cup requires a minimum of 9 years earning the top rating. A student can earn up to 5 Gold Cup awards.
"I am very proud of all our students who work diligently towards the Festival," said Janet Presson, Director of the Studio. "This is a major accomplishment for these students." The studio began sending students to the Junior Music Festival in 1991.
First Gold Cup recipients include: Abigail Blunt, Matthew Blunt, Noah Branson, Stephen Jones, Bennett Kidd and Sterling Satterfield. Second Gold Cup recipients were Megan Gates and Reed Thomas. Receiving a third Gold Cup is Andrea Younghouse.
The studio will host 2 free recital concerts on May 15th at 1st Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau (located on the corner of Cape Rock and Lexington). Recitals begin at 1 and 3 PM with receptions following each.
Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory is owned by Don, Janet and Lucas Presson. New classes begin at the end of May. For more information, contact Janet Presson at 334-8623.