- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)28
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory Congratulates Students
Cape Girardeau--9 students from Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory--a piano, keyboard and Kindermusik teaching studio in Cape Girardeau--recently received Gold Cup awards from the National Federation of Junior Music Clubs.
The Junior Music Festival was held on February 20th. To receive a Gold Cup, students must compete at a minimum of 3 years earning the top rating. A second Gold Cup consists of a minimum of 6 years earning the top rating. The third Gold Cup requires a minimum of 9 years earning the top rating. A student can earn up to 5 Gold Cup awards.
"I am very proud of all our students who work diligently towards the Festival," said Janet Presson, Director of the Studio. "This is a major accomplishment for these students." The studio began sending students to the Junior Music Festival in 1991.
First Gold Cup recipients include: Abigail Blunt, Matthew Blunt, Noah Branson, Stephen Jones, Bennett Kidd and Sterling Satterfield. Second Gold Cup recipients were Megan Gates and Reed Thomas. Receiving a third Gold Cup is Andrea Younghouse.
The studio will host 2 free recital concerts on May 15th at 1st Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau (located on the corner of Cape Rock and Lexington). Recitals begin at 1 and 3 PM with receptions following each.
Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory is owned by Don, Janet and Lucas Presson. New classes begin at the end of May. For more information, contact Janet Presson at 334-8623.