- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory Congratulates Students
Cape Girardeau--9 students from Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory--a piano, keyboard and Kindermusik teaching studio in Cape Girardeau--recently received Gold Cup awards from the National Federation of Junior Music Clubs.
The Junior Music Festival was held on February 20th. To receive a Gold Cup, students must compete at a minimum of 3 years earning the top rating. A second Gold Cup consists of a minimum of 6 years earning the top rating. The third Gold Cup requires a minimum of 9 years earning the top rating. A student can earn up to 5 Gold Cup awards.
"I am very proud of all our students who work diligently towards the Festival," said Janet Presson, Director of the Studio. "This is a major accomplishment for these students." The studio began sending students to the Junior Music Festival in 1991.
First Gold Cup recipients include: Abigail Blunt, Matthew Blunt, Noah Branson, Stephen Jones, Bennett Kidd and Sterling Satterfield. Second Gold Cup recipients were Megan Gates and Reed Thomas. Receiving a third Gold Cup is Andrea Younghouse.
The studio will host 2 free recital concerts on May 15th at 1st Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau (located on the corner of Cape Rock and Lexington). Recitals begin at 1 and 3 PM with receptions following each.
Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory is owned by Don, Janet and Lucas Presson. New classes begin at the end of May. For more information, contact Janet Presson at 334-8623.