- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory Congratulates Students
Cape Girardeau--9 students from Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory--a piano, keyboard and Kindermusik teaching studio in Cape Girardeau--recently received Gold Cup awards from the National Federation of Junior Music Clubs.
The Junior Music Festival was held on February 20th. To receive a Gold Cup, students must compete at a minimum of 3 years earning the top rating. A second Gold Cup consists of a minimum of 6 years earning the top rating. The third Gold Cup requires a minimum of 9 years earning the top rating. A student can earn up to 5 Gold Cup awards.
"I am very proud of all our students who work diligently towards the Festival," said Janet Presson, Director of the Studio. "This is a major accomplishment for these students." The studio began sending students to the Junior Music Festival in 1991.
First Gold Cup recipients include: Abigail Blunt, Matthew Blunt, Noah Branson, Stephen Jones, Bennett Kidd and Sterling Satterfield. Second Gold Cup recipients were Megan Gates and Reed Thomas. Receiving a third Gold Cup is Andrea Younghouse.
The studio will host 2 free recital concerts on May 15th at 1st Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau (located on the corner of Cape Rock and Lexington). Recitals begin at 1 and 3 PM with receptions following each.
Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory is owned by Don, Janet and Lucas Presson. New classes begin at the end of May. For more information, contact Janet Presson at 334-8623.