- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory Congratulates Students
Cape Girardeau--9 students from Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory--a piano, keyboard and Kindermusik teaching studio in Cape Girardeau--recently received Gold Cup awards from the National Federation of Junior Music Clubs.
The Junior Music Festival was held on February 20th. To receive a Gold Cup, students must compete at a minimum of 3 years earning the top rating. A second Gold Cup consists of a minimum of 6 years earning the top rating. The third Gold Cup requires a minimum of 9 years earning the top rating. A student can earn up to 5 Gold Cup awards.
"I am very proud of all our students who work diligently towards the Festival," said Janet Presson, Director of the Studio. "This is a major accomplishment for these students." The studio began sending students to the Junior Music Festival in 1991.
First Gold Cup recipients include: Abigail Blunt, Matthew Blunt, Noah Branson, Stephen Jones, Bennett Kidd and Sterling Satterfield. Second Gold Cup recipients were Megan Gates and Reed Thomas. Receiving a third Gold Cup is Andrea Younghouse.
The studio will host 2 free recital concerts on May 15th at 1st Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau (located on the corner of Cape Rock and Lexington). Recitals begin at 1 and 3 PM with receptions following each.
Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory is owned by Don, Janet and Lucas Presson. New classes begin at the end of May. For more information, contact Janet Presson at 334-8623.