- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
In federal court: Scott County man sentenced on cocaine charge
The following information was released by the U.S. attorney's office for defendants appearing in federal court before U.S. District Judge Stephen N. Limbaugh Jr. on Monday.
* Name: Alan D. Turner
* Age: 28
* Residence: Scott County, Mo.
n Charge: One felony count of possession of 5 grams or more of cocaine wih the intent to distribute
n Sentence: 110 months in prison
* Summary: On June 10, Turner was a passenger in a vehicle parked in the front yard of a Sikeston, Mo., residence. Officers received a report of the suspicious vehicle and when they arrived on scene, Turner threw packages containing cocaine into the back of the vehicle. Turner admitted it was his and that he intended to distribute it. A forensic chemist determined the cocaine weighed 36.49 grams.