- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Young - Zimmer
Ellen Anne Young and Tyler Donald Zimmer were united in marriage Oct. 10, 2009, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Columbia, Mo. The Rev. Steve Kuhlmann performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Phillip and Nancy Young of Jefferson City, Mo. Donald and Toni Zimmer of Cape Girardeau are parents of the groom.
Matron of honor was Jennifer Whitt of Rolla, Mo., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Tricia Ferguson of St. Louis and Tori Zimmer of Columbia, sisters of the groom; and Hannah Whitt of Rolla, niece of the bride.
T.J. Erlacker of St. Louis was best man. Groomsmen were Josh Ferguson of St. Louis, brother-in-law of the groom; Justin Wells of Kansas City, Mo.; and Steven Young of Columbia, brother of the bride. Ushers were John Bridges of St. Louis, cousin of the bride, and Chris Cole of Cape Girardeau.
Ringbearer was August Whitt of Rolla, nephew of the bride.
The reception was held at Old Hawthorne Country Club in Columbia.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 9 at D. Rowe's Restaurant.
Mrs. Zimmer received a master's degree in accountancy from the University of Missouri. She is employed by ARCO Construction in St. Louis.
The groom received a bachelor of arts degree in hotel and restaurant management from the university. He is employed by Kaldi's Coffee in St. Louis.
After a wedding trip to California, the couple is residing in St. Louis.