- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Burnett - Burger
Jessica Dawn Burnett and Brett Thomas Burger exchanged wedding vows Jan. 23, 2010, at St. Lawrence Catholic Church in New Hamburg, Mo. The Rev. Michael Casteel performed the ceremony. Organist was Cheryl Kern of New Hamburg, and soloist was Kari Bickings of Oran, Mo. Server was Alex Burger, son of Heath and Karen Burger or New Hamburg, and nephew of the groom.
The bride is the daughter of Alan and Janet Burnett of Benton, Mo. The groom is the son of Robin and Nancy Burger of New Hamburg.
Matron of honor was Jennifer Hanks of Jackson, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Monica Senciboy of New Hamburg; Heather Benson of Kelso, sister of the groom; Karen Burger, sister-in-law of the groom; Brandi Burnett of Washington, D.C., sister-in-law of the bride; Billie Kuehn of Cape Girardeau; Erica Schabbing of Jonesboro, Ark.; and Stephanie Hency of Benton.
Junior bridesmaids were Summer Hanks, niece of the bride; Riley Burger, niece of the groom; and Darrian Burnett, niece of the bride. Summer is the daughter of Tony and Jennifer Hanks. Riley is the daughter of Heath and Karen Burger. Darrian is the daughter of Jamie and Brandi Burnett.
The groom chose his brothers, Mark Burger of Columbia, and Heath Burger as best men. Groomsmen were Dustin Benson of Kelso, brother-in-law of the groom; Major Burger of Kirksville, Mo., cousin of the groom; Jamie Burnett of Washington, D.C., brother of the bride; Jon Heuring, Josh Glastetter and Kyle Kern, all of New Hamburg. Ushers were Tony Hanks of Jackson, brother-in-law of the bride; Matt Reed of Anchorage, Alaska, and John Hamm of New Hamburg.
Flower girl was Kendall Burger of Scott City, daughter of the groom. Ringbearer was Kole Burger, son of Heath and Karen Burger and nephew of the groom.
Mindy Robert of Cape Girardeau was guest book and program attendant.
A dinner and dance reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Jan. 22 at the church parish center.
Mrs. Burger is employed at Orthopaedic Associates.
The groom is a journeyman lineman with AmerenUE.
A wedding trip to Cancun, Mexico, is planned in May.
The couple is residing in Scott City.