- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Burnettes observe 40 years
Henry and Linda Burnette of Cape Girardeau are observing their 40th wedding anniversary today.
The couple was married May 1, 1965, at First Church of the Nazarene by the Rev. Fred Hartman.
Burnette is the son of the late Henry and Mary Burnette. Mrs. Burnette is the daughter of Calvin and Pauline Melton of St. Louis.
They have three children, Paula Carmichael of St. Louis, Mike Burnette of Birmingham, Ala., and Tania Burnette of Cape Girardeau. They have eight grandchildren, Courtney, Meagan, Lauren and Andrea Burnette of Birmingham; Haley, Riley and Chase Carmichael of St. Louis; and Mary Kay of Cape Girardeau.