- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Margaret "Diane" Thompson, 64, of Scott City died Tuesday, March 2, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 9, 1945, in Vero Beach, Fla., to John Bernard and Elizabeth Hughes Bennett.
Thompson worked as a podiatry assistant in Stone Mountain, Ga.
Survivors include two sons, Richard Thompson of Fenton, Mo., Brian Thompson of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Sherri Williams of Gainesville, Ga.; a sister, Lynn Marlowe of Huntingtown, Md.; eight grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from noon to service time Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the chapel. Burial will be in Lightner Memorial Cemetery.