- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Cape Girardeau Native appointed to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Metro St. Louis Board of Directors
Mark Schlichter, a Cape Girardeau native and a 1982 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University was recently appointed to the Board of Directors for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Metro St. Louis.
Actual press release from Suburban Journals.
St. Charles man named to Ronald McDonald board
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:15 AM CST
St. Charles resident Mark Schlichter, Senior Vice President for CSI Leasing, has been named a board member for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Metro St. Louis.
Prior to being nominated to the board, Schlichter served on the McDonald's Scramble for Charity committee and coordinated an employee fundraiser for RMHC for the past 10 years.
"Throughout my years with the Ronald McDonald House, I have always wanted to take on a more central role in such a momentous and inspiring organization," Schlichter said. "I'm excited to hit the ground running and can't wait to see what the future holds for this great organization."
Three other members are new to the board.
"The Ronald McDonald House Charities Board of Directors exemplifies what a successful nonprofit board of directors should be. We feel very fortunate to have such dedicated and caring individuals representing the organization," RMHC President Dan Harbaugh said.