- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Dandelions announce Good News
To the editor:
When I hear friends, neighbors and Speak Out comments complain about the carpet of gold (dandelions) in the early spring, I think perhaps they need more cold winters so they will appreciate the indestructible dandelion.
You can go to any lengths to rid yourself of this weed, but every spring it reappears. Just when we are looking for visible signs of spring, patches of gold appear everywhere.
Many people, Christian and non-Christian alike, become complacent. And then, all of a sudden, resurrection. It's everywhere. He is here. He is there. He is risen. He is alive, breaking into sleeping hearts. And, like the dandelion when it matures into a fluffy ball, our hearts come to life, and we spread the Good News. He is always ready to break through into closed hearts.
So tell someone that Easter is a happening event. Better yet, plant dandelions.
PAT MUELLER, Cape Girardeau