- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
Dandelions announce Good News
To the editor:
When I hear friends, neighbors and Speak Out comments complain about the carpet of gold (dandelions) in the early spring, I think perhaps they need more cold winters so they will appreciate the indestructible dandelion.
You can go to any lengths to rid yourself of this weed, but every spring it reappears. Just when we are looking for visible signs of spring, patches of gold appear everywhere.
Many people, Christian and non-Christian alike, become complacent. And then, all of a sudden, resurrection. It's everywhere. He is here. He is there. He is risen. He is alive, breaking into sleeping hearts. And, like the dandelion when it matures into a fluffy ball, our hearts come to life, and we spread the Good News. He is always ready to break through into closed hearts.
So tell someone that Easter is a happening event. Better yet, plant dandelions.
PAT MUELLER, Cape Girardeau