- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Religion briefs 4/30/05
Hobby Night event at 6:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall at First Presbyterian Church. Collections of stained glass, dolls, miniatures and toys will be on display.
Revival services at 7 p.m. at New Life Gospel Center in Scott City. Evangelist Bill Carter of Jonesboro, Ill., will preach. Services continue Sunday at 6:30 p.m.
Christ Episcopal Church in Cape Girardeau will celebrate Rogation Sunday following the 10:15 a.m. service. Parishioners will gather in the May Greene Garden. A potluck lunch will follow.
Central High School baccalaureate service at 6 p.m. at La Croix United Methodist Church.
Children's choirs program at 6 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Jackson. Bring canned food items for admission. The food will be donated to the local food pantry.
Benefit sing at 7 p.m. at Jackson First General Baptist Church with Crimson Gold and The Rivermen quartet. Proceeds from collections will benefit the Vision House.
Centenary United Methodist Church Women will meet at noon for a luncheon program in the Family Life Center. Denise Rigdon will speak about Project Hope.
United Methodist Women of Grace Church will hold a spring banquet at 6 p.m. in the fellowship hall. Guests should bring their mother's favorite dish to share. Meat will be provided.
Zion United Methodist Women of Gordonville will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the church. Lisa Curtis will present a program. Betty Friedrich and Maxine Friedrich will serve as hosts.
Community Day of Prayer at noon at Emanuel United Church of Christ in Jackson. The event, part of National Day of Prayer observances, is sponsored by the Jackson Ministerial Alliance.