- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Missouri city outlaws tobacco use in, on city property
SEDALIA, Mo. (AP) - The Sedalia City Council has voted to prohibit tobacco use inside all city property, including vehicles.
Council members voted Monday to ban tobacco in vehicles or buildings, including the entire City Hall campus.
The Sedalia Democrat reports that the few city facilities that allowed smoking will have to designate outdoor smoking areas for employees.
The new tobacco policy takes effect April 1.
Information from: The Sedalia Democrat, http://www.sedaliademocrat.com