- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Helen Marie Jones, 94, of Ellisville, Mo., formerly of Millersville, passed away Monday, March 1, 2010, at Bethesda Meadow Nursing Home in Ellisville.
She was born March 5, 1915, near Millersville, daughter of Jessie and Desdia Stroder Sander. She and Melford P. Jones were married Nov. 8, 1932. He passed away June 3, 1977.
Helen was a member of Haynes Chapel near Burfordville.
Loving survivors include three children, Kenneth L. (Juldean) Jones of St. Louis, Diane Haefner of Chesterfield, Mo., Jackie L. (Cheryl) Jones of Millstadt, Ill.; two sisters, Isadora Ackman of St. Louis, Melba Smith of Cape Girardeau; a brother, the Rev. Donald Sander of Millersville; 10 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband she was preceded in death by a son, Kelly Paul Jones; a grandson, Rick Paul Jones; four sisters; and two brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jerry Sander officiating. Interment will follow in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorial contributions may be made to Haynes Chapel.
Condolences may be sent to the family at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.