- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)2
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
Speak Out 3/2/10
THIS was my first year of going to the monster truck show. I was a little disappointed. I would like to see the show expanded. We'd like to see a good show instead of just a few pieces of it. If you could pass the word on to the appropriate people for next year, that would be wonderful.
GREECE is having riots in the streets because the country is out of money. It has spent so much on giveaway programs it's out of money, and the country will have to stop doing some of the giveaways. People are rioting because they want their giveaway programs. The U.S. is in the same boat. We have spent too much money, and our government is out of money. What's going to happen when we quit giving away money to people who have become dependent on it? They're going to riot in the streets. The only reason it's not happening yet is because we're borrowing money from the Chinese.
CONSIDERING the behavior of some of our elected officials lately, we better start paying closer attention to whom we vote into these offices. This didn't happen overnight. Let's check their backgrounds before we vote for them.
WHENEVER my friends visit, I tell them, "You've got to watch the drivers down here." Just because a light turns green don't mean you can go. Wait a second or two and then proceed. And don't expect turn signals to be used. Drivers will pull out in front of you. My friends all say they found the advice to be sound.
SCHOOLS need to cut out sports, arts and music. They need more reading, writing and arithmetic and spelling. These things are important.
I think we should regard expired medications as a resource. We recycle garbage. We need to regard expired medications as a resource that can be recycled. We shouldn't throw them down the toilet. There's a buck to be made here.