- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Ralph D. "Mousie" Allison, 70, of Cairo died Wednesday, April 27, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 13, 1934, in Paducah, Ky., son of Hubert and Mildred Wooten Allison. He married Janet Kaye Hodges.
Allison retired from Burkart in 2000. He was formerly of Bardwell, Ky. He was a member of Cairo Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Penny Laster of Fulton, Ky., Dianne Saberniak and Traca Parks of Paducah; a stepdaughter, Andrea Vinson of Cairo; two stepsons, James and Herbert Vinson of Cairo; a sister, Jane Hill of Pinckneyville, Ill.; and 10 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister, a brother and a stepgrandchild.
Friends may call at Cairo Baptist Church from 9 a.m. Saturday until time of service.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with Dr. Larry Potts officiating. Burial will be in Arlington Cemetery in Arlington, Ky.
Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo is in charge of arrangements.