- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Maevers - 50 Years
Mr. and Mrs. Gene Maevers of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a Caribbean cruise to Cozumel, Mexico, aboard the Carnival Fantasy Cruise Ship earlier this month.
The trip was hosted by their daughters and sons-in-law, Debbie (Jeff) Ford and Connie (Rob) Hengst of Cape Girardeau, who accompanied them on the cruise.
Maevers and Phyllis Spalding were married Feb. 6, 1960, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau, by the Rev. Ralph C. Fesler.
Their attendants were Kay Wiseman Gilliland and Jim Green.
The Maevers have two granddaughters, Ashley (B.J.) Tanksley of Columbia, Mo., and Rachel Hengst of Cape Girardeau.