- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Hattie S. Winchester, 91, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, April 24, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Dec. 8, 1913, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of James Nelson and Mattie E. Wallace Stewart. She and McAdoo Winchester were married Dec. 19, 1942, in Jackson. He died Feb. 23, 2005.
Mrs. Winchester moved to the Los Angeles, Calif., area in 1945 and was a doctor's assistant many years. She returned to Cape Girardeau in 1983. She was of the Baptist belief.
Survivors include three nephews, Arthur Waterman of Cape Girardeau, Dale Stewart of Kansas City, Mo., Alan Litzelfelner of Reynoldsburg, Ohio; nine nieces, Chickie Kaiser of Cape Girardeau, Jean Campbell of Omaha, Neb., Virginia Stewart of Grapeview, Wash., Rebecca LaBlanc of Winter Haven, Fla., Joan Allen of Union, Mo., Patricia Wolfe of Kingsville, Texas, LaVerne Mosby of Cape Girardeau, Delaine Sietz of Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas, and Rita Duncan of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers, a sister and a nephew.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro City Cemetery in Jonesboro, Ill.
Memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn., 38105.