- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Guard promotes Jones to staff sergeant
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo -- Cody Jones of Dexter was recently promoted from the rank of sergeant to staff sergeant in the Missouri National Guard.
Jones, 28, has been with the Missouri National Guard since July 2007 and served five years before that in active duty. He is currently a full-time Guard employee, serving as the 1140th Engineer Battalion's Forward Support Company's training noncommissioned officer.
"I've tried to work hard and to do my job to the best of my ability," Jones said. "I intend to take the responsibilities of the rank very seriously and continue to complete the missions as they arise."
Jones was promoted during a recent ceremony at the Missouri National Guard armory in Cape Girardeau in which his wife, Carlie, pinned his new rank on his uniform.
"I wanted Carlie to do it because I wouldn't have had the career I've had without her," Jones said. "She's been the backbone -- she's carried the load at home when I've been away and I owe it all to her. Without her support, it wouldn't have happened."
Jones earned the promotion through hard work, said Sgt. 1st Class Dennis Allred, the unit's readiness noncommissioned officer.
"He's just been a tremendous asset," Allred said. "Since he's joined the unit, he's been invaluable in all areas related to training. He's just a superb addition to our unit. He's more than qualified. He has three MOS's and he's used them all in this job. He really deserves the promotion."
Jones is a 2000 graduate of Richland High School. He joined the U.S. Army that same year, going to basic and advanced individual training at Fort Benning, Ga. He served five years in the active Army, with the 2nd Battalion, 5th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii. He was deployed to Afghanistan as part of Operation Enduring Freedom in 2004-2005.
Jones is supported in his military career by his wife, Carlie, and their three children, Austin, 7, Avadeania, 6, and Gracie, 3.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.
For more information about this release, please contact Scott Moyers at 573-339-6237 or at email@example.com.