- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Roger Wayne Moonier, 67, of Jackson died Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 6, 1942, in Perryville, Mo., to Lucille Lorene Ruch and Edgar "Tudor" Moonier. He first married Karen Mills in 1963. He later married Elane Ertman on Aug. 19, 2003.
Moonier was employed at Procter & Gamble Co. 28 years, retiring in 1997. He was a member of St. John's United Church of Christ at Fruitland.
Survivors include his wife, Elane; mother, Lucille Moonier of Perryville; two daughters, Laura (Steve) Croy of Oak Ridge, Kathy (Brian) Wacker of Perryville; a sister, Judy (Quintin "Peanuts") Campbell of Perryville; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson, and from 10 a.m. to service time Saturday at St. John's United Church of Christ.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. David Schaffner officiating. Interment will be in St. John's Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to St. John's United Church of Christ.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.