- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Sen. Kit Bond to discuss Washington, D.C., and the economy today in Cape Girardeau
U.S. Sen. Kit Bond will visit Cape Girardeau today to discuss "the impact of Washington policies on the economy," according to a statement issued by his Washington, D.C., office.
Bond, a Republican, has been in the U.S. Senate since 1987. He announced early last year that he would not seek another term in the 2010 elections.
The event, at noon at Dexter Bar-B-Que, 236 S. Broadview St., will bring together "industry, business, economic development and city and county officials" from Cape Girardeau and Scott counties, the statement said. Bond intends to discuss legislation pending in Congress including the health care overhaul bill and cap and trade legislation intended to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Bond has been critical of the Democratic majority proposals on both issues and has voted or vowed to oppose them.
236 S. Broadview, Cape Girardeau, MO