- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Best bet: Brazilian percussionist Ney Rosauro performs at River Campus
Music and culture come together Thursday with a Brazilian percussion concert. Brazilian percussionist, composer and teacher Ney Rosauro will join the Southeast Percussion Ensemble for a concert at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the Shuck Recital Hall at Southeast Missouri State University.
Rosauro has played and taught across the globe and will join the percussion ensemble for several works including "Mother Earth, Father Sky," Concerto for Vibraphone and Percussion Ensemble and "Fred No Frevo."
While the Southeast Percussion Ensemble stands on its own as a talented group of percussionists, adding Rosauro to the mix brings the playing and performance to the highest tier.
Tickets are $8 for adults, $7 for seniors and faculty, $3 for Southeast or high school students, $3.50 for Southeast Missouri Music Academy students. Available through MetroTix and at the River Campus box office.
-- From staff reports