- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Knowledge-A-Thon Coming to Alma Schrader Elementary
A new and exciting fundraiser is set to take place at Alma Schrader Elementary in Cape Girardeau on Wednesday, March 10, 2010. Knowledge-A-Thon is a pledge type fundraiser where students receive 100 questions and answers appropriate for their grade level. The students have had eight weeks to learn their 100 questions before the March 10th test date.
The community has responded with overwhelming support for Knowledge-A-Thon. More than 100 volunteers ranging from Alma Schrader parents, Cape Central High School students, community leaders, and church groups will gather to individually test all 383 students K-4 on March 10. The students, staff, and PTA have all worked together to ensure Knowledge-A-Thon will be a positive learning experience as well as a successful fundraiser. Anyone wishing to make a donation should send a check payable to Alma Schrader PTA, 1360 Randol Ave., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.