- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Mother charged after toddler falls out of moving car (7/29/16)2
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape to get small-market ride-sharing service carGO (7/29/16)8
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
Knowledge-A-Thon Coming to Alma Schrader Elementary
A new and exciting fundraiser is set to take place at Alma Schrader Elementary in Cape Girardeau on Wednesday, March 10, 2010. Knowledge-A-Thon is a pledge type fundraiser where students receive 100 questions and answers appropriate for their grade level. The students have had eight weeks to learn their 100 questions before the March 10th test date.
The community has responded with overwhelming support for Knowledge-A-Thon. More than 100 volunteers ranging from Alma Schrader parents, Cape Central High School students, community leaders, and church groups will gather to individually test all 383 students K-4 on March 10. The students, staff, and PTA have all worked together to ensure Knowledge-A-Thon will be a positive learning experience as well as a successful fundraiser. Anyone wishing to make a donation should send a check payable to Alma Schrader PTA, 1360 Randol Ave., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.