- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
Knowledge-A-Thon Coming to Alma Schrader Elementary
A new and exciting fundraiser is set to take place at Alma Schrader Elementary in Cape Girardeau on Wednesday, March 10, 2010. Knowledge-A-Thon is a pledge type fundraiser where students receive 100 questions and answers appropriate for their grade level. The students have had eight weeks to learn their 100 questions before the March 10th test date.
The community has responded with overwhelming support for Knowledge-A-Thon. More than 100 volunteers ranging from Alma Schrader parents, Cape Central High School students, community leaders, and church groups will gather to individually test all 383 students K-4 on March 10. The students, staff, and PTA have all worked together to ensure Knowledge-A-Thon will be a positive learning experience as well as a successful fundraiser. Anyone wishing to make a donation should send a check payable to Alma Schrader PTA, 1360 Randol Ave., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.