- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Knowledge-A-Thon Coming to Alma Schrader Elementary
A new and exciting fundraiser is set to take place at Alma Schrader Elementary in Cape Girardeau on Wednesday, March 10, 2010. Knowledge-A-Thon is a pledge type fundraiser where students receive 100 questions and answers appropriate for their grade level. The students have had eight weeks to learn their 100 questions before the March 10th test date.
The community has responded with overwhelming support for Knowledge-A-Thon. More than 100 volunteers ranging from Alma Schrader parents, Cape Central High School students, community leaders, and church groups will gather to individually test all 383 students K-4 on March 10. The students, staff, and PTA have all worked together to ensure Knowledge-A-Thon will be a positive learning experience as well as a successful fundraiser. Anyone wishing to make a donation should send a check payable to Alma Schrader PTA, 1360 Randol Ave., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.