- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Knowledge-A-Thon Coming to Alma Schrader Elementary
A new and exciting fundraiser is set to take place at Alma Schrader Elementary in Cape Girardeau on Wednesday, March 10, 2010. Knowledge-A-Thon is a pledge type fundraiser where students receive 100 questions and answers appropriate for their grade level. The students have had eight weeks to learn their 100 questions before the March 10th test date.
The community has responded with overwhelming support for Knowledge-A-Thon. More than 100 volunteers ranging from Alma Schrader parents, Cape Central High School students, community leaders, and church groups will gather to individually test all 383 students K-4 on March 10. The students, staff, and PTA have all worked together to ensure Knowledge-A-Thon will be a positive learning experience as well as a successful fundraiser. Anyone wishing to make a donation should send a check payable to Alma Schrader PTA, 1360 Randol Ave., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.