- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Estella Mahala Green, 89, of Jackson, formerly of Scott City, died Monday, Feb. 15, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 26, 1920, in Deventer, Mo., to Orion Lindell and Laura Isabelle Mooreland Brock. She and Leamon Floyd Green were married Dec. 13, 1941, in Jackson. He died May 8, 2006.
Green was a member of First Christian Church.
Survivors include a son, Steve (Penny) Green of Jackson; a daughter, Joyce (Joe) Hartman of Naperville, Ill.; a sister, Annie Owens of Scott City; eight grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, five brothers and five sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Lightner Memorial Cemetery in Scott City, with the Rev. John Rice officiating.